These posts are licensed for distribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Public License. For legal purposes, please refer to the license terms link at the bottom of each page. What this means to me, in practical terms is:
News aggregators are welcome to repost these posts on their own websites without prior authorization, under the following conditions:
- The post is published in its entirety without removing or adding anything. (Traditional editorial notes, including “sic” are fine.)
- The author “David Benson” is credited as the author, with the original publication date somewhere in the byline, or in the notes after the publication.
- Somewhere appropriate in the post, you provide a link to the original post on this webpage.
- Please do not simply copy and past large portions of this text into Wikipedia, or other wikis. It is not that I am opposed to wikis, but the purposes of these posts and wikis are orthogonal, and it will reflect badly on the text.
Exceptions to these requirements include:
- Authors writing responses to, or commentaries on these posts fall under fair use creation of their own intellectual property. Not crediting me as the author you are responding to or commenting on is just plagiarism, and I request the courtesy of a link to the original post, but only threaten you with my disdain if you do not.
- Sites posting a paragraph or two to tease a link to this site can do so freely, as long as the “tease” is not more than 25% of the total post.
- Links of any kind are welcome, without restriction.
Unrelated to licensing, if you would like me to contribute to a site I am willing to entertain requests, and I will not repost those features here.